Day 12 of Deepak Chopra's Meditation - Connection Is My Intention


Day 12 
Connecting for balance
Today's Centering Thought: 
I cherish my every connection.
Our Sanskrit mantra:
Tat Tvam Asi 
I see the other in myself and myself in others.




In every exchange throughout my day, no matter the type - it is the positive connection I want more than any typical social exchange required to get me my goods or move me through my day.  

When I take a moment to silently and consciously acknowledge the spirit within my barista before asking for my large decaf Americano, the exchange is so much deeper than a request for my morning coffee from the girl behind the counter.  I wrote the other day about the breath of life and how these types of exchanges happen regularly when I am connected.  I feel such a difference when I consciously connect to the world around me…and the spirits I come in contact with seem to feel a difference too.  

Connection is so important.  It is the disconnect in our world that I believe is the most devastating of all the problems we are faced with today.   How is it okay to poison our planet, or allow the torture of people and animals so we can drive big cars, have closets full of clothes we don't need and garages full of goods we don't use?  How does it make sense that we consume mass amounts of toxic food to our own demise while half the world starves?  How can we have so much when others have so little?   I've been called a hippy for asking these questions, and when I asked myself how anyone could justify these acts it took me a long time to realize the answer is really quite simple - it is all related to a terrible disconnect.   Disconnect from ourselves/our bodies, disconnect from each other and disconnect from nature.  Our disconnect is keeping us from having a blissful and harmonious existence with each other and our earth. 

 I truly believe that if we are to change our world, this core problem is what needs to be addressed. Wellness offers the perfect way in.   

Until people see the value in themselves they cannot really see the value in the life all around them. This is why wellness and self-care practices such as this meditation series are so powerful and important.  They help people to reconnect and remember the sanctity of life.  

Bless you, Deepak, Oprah and all who were involved in this beautiful meditation series. You have enabled a movement that is creating endless ripples of harmony throughout our world.  

Painting by Ellen Vaman
https://www.facebook.com/ellenvaman

Comments

  1. Thank you very much. I agree with your article, this really helped me. I appreciate your help. Thanks a lot. Good website.

    acupuncture in bucks county

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts